Saturday, July 5, 2008

Going Well

Its a three day weekend this weekend which is exciting -- there is a holiday for July 7th (Saba saba) but we aren’t totally sure what is being celebrated. I will ask around (or look it up on the internet). I will hopefully get a chance to see the city this weekend, because so far I have only been off campus for dinners in super up-scale parts of the city.

Today we are going to town to go to an alleged 4th of July party at the American Embassy, and then the 5 of us are going to have a little “party” here. Monday we are going to the beach. Probably tomorrow we will go into town to the market, but we aren’t sure yet. So many things to do!

I bought money for my cell phone and I will call you all when I can. You can also call me, but I think it might cost you a lot of money so check first. To call me, dial: 011-255-782-091-315. The time difference is 10 hours ahead of California and 7 ahead of the east coast.

I just went to the Duka (little shop) and had a long conversation in Swahili with a guy there. That is so much fun!

Let me know what else you want to know. I enabled comments so you should write some.

With Love,
Recho (I’ve just given in to that name)

1 comment:

LJ said...

I like how you call the 4th of July party alleged.